USDA Grants and Loans Include Four East Coast Locations
Staff report –
Four East Coast sites are among 15 in Virginia to receive a portion of $ 4,869,900 in federal grants and loans from the US Department of Agriculture for infrastructure improvements.
Funding was provided through the Direct Loans and Grants Program for Community Facilities, the Guaranteed Loan Program For Community Facilities, the Grants for community disaster facilities, and the Economic Impact Initiative Grant Program, all administered by USDA Rural Development.
U.S. Senator Mark R. Warner and Senator Tim Kaine announced the awards on Friday, June 25.
“We are pleased to see these federal dollars being used for upgrades to much needed equipment and infrastructure across the Commonwealth,” Senators said in a joint press release.. “These vital investments will help ensure that our cities and towns have the tools and resources they need to continue to build better. “
The Direct Loans, Grants, Disaster Grants, and Guaranteed Loans for Community Facilities programs provide direct loans, loan guarantees, and grants to develop or improve critical public facilities in rural communities. Funding will be provided through a combination of grants and loans.
The Eastern Shore rewards are:
- The Town of Onancock will receive a grant of $ 33,000 and a loan of $ 62,000 to purchase two patrol vehicles for the town.
- The Eastern Shore Public Library in Nassawadox will receive a grant of $ 24,000 to purchase a security and fire alarm, as well as additional office equipment.
- The Town of Cape Charles will receive a grant of $ 29,000 and a loan of $ 55,800 to purchase remote reading water meters and a new four-wheel drive van for utility service.
- The city of Eastville will receive two grants – one of $ 6,000 and another of $ 50,000 – and a loan of $ 104,200 to purchase a patrol vehicle, pickup truck, dump trailer and generator to upgrade. day the city’s public works department.
Other Virginia prizes include:
- The City of Colonial Beach will receive a grant of $ 67,400 and a loan of $ 382,200 for the purchase of a public works jet truck equipped with a hydro-excavation kit, a vacuum system high capacity, tandem axles and a high water storage increase jet system.
- The Churchville Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) will receive a grant of $ 25,000 and a loan of $ 155,000 to purchase a building and medical equipment to serve residents of Augusta County.
- The Town of Tazewell will receive a grant of $ 50,000 to purchase two new patrol vehicles.
- The Stickleyville Volunteer Fire Department in Duffield will receive a grant of $ 11,200 to purchase a used fire truck.
- The Drakes Branch Volunteer Fire Department will receive a grant of $ 19,500 to purchase an all-terrain vehicle (UTV), trailer and equipment.
- Dickenson County will receive a grant of $ 50,000 towards the purchase of two patrol vehicles.
- Mount Rogers Community Services, Inc. in Wytheville will receive a loan of $ 3,000,000 to purchase a building and manage renovations to provide suitable space for employees and services.
- The Town of Gate City will receive a grant of $ 26,200 and a loan of $ 48,800 for the purchase of two used patrol vehicles.
- The Town of Norton will receive a grant of $ 50,000 and a loan of $ 55,000 for the purchase of two new patrol vehicles.
- The Town of Lawrenceville will receive a grant of $ 200,000 and a loan of $ 225,800 for the purchase of a 3,000 gallon fire truck.
- The town of Brodnax will receive a grant of $ 66,000 and a loan of $ 22,000 for the purchase of three sewer pumps and a pumping station.
The Town of Bowling Green will receive an Economic Impact Initiative grant of $ 21,300 towards the purchase of an all-terrain vehicle (UTV), trailer and equipment for the fire department of the city, and a grant of $ 30,500 for the purchase of a public works truck. The Economic Impact Initiative Grants program provides essential community facilities in rural communities.